The main goal of LibSBGN is to provide a standard electronic implementation for SBGN.
Please also see the Release Notes
The SBGN-ML format
SBGN-ML is an XML-based file format dedicated to the description of SBGN maps.
For more information, refer to the page dedicated to this exchange format.
The LibSBGN library
LibSBGN is a library that deals with SBGN maps. It features:
- Reading / writing the SBGN-ML file format
- Validation (of semantical and syntactical correctness) See ValidationEntryPage
- Conversion to other formats such as SBML and BioPAX
- Support for at least Java and C++
LibSBGN and SBGN-ML are still in development. See SBGN-ML_Roadmap
- LibSBGN presentation at COMBINE 2010
- LibSBGN poster presented at COMBINE 2010 and ISCB 2010
- LibSBGN tutorial presented at HARMONY 2011
- LibSBGN status update presented at COMBINE 2011
... for tool developers
- Developer Tutorial This is a tutorial for developers who want to add LibSBGN support to their tool.
- Java API Docs
The LibSBGN Development Process
We hold semi-monthly online meetings. For information about past and future meetings, see: OnlineMeetings. For the latest information about upcoming meetings, please contact the mailing list. We also have live discussions bi-annually at COMBINE and HARMONY:
Implementation plan: SBGN-ML_Roadmap
The development of LibSBGN is articulated around a number of online tools (mostly hosted on SourceForge):
Some example files created with LibSBGN can be found here: SBGN-ML Example Files.